Tuesday, July 10, 2012

7/2/12

This week was good. We have a new family that we're going to start teaching. There are three kids and the two parents. They seems really interested. The whole reason they got interested in the church was because of the youth programs. They want a church that will help they're kids grow up right, which is basically the whole purpose of all of our youth programs and everything haha, so I think they'll probably get baptized. I hope you all have fun up in Utah. Tell everyone I say hi and that I love them all. That's too bad about the forest fires. Especially since you can't have fireworks. haha Yeah they watch the world cup down here, but I haven't heard much about it. My companion won't be happy that Spain won. He said he wanted anyone to win but them haha. Yesterday was the elections here for president and everything. We've heard that Peña Nieto won, but we're not sure. My companion doesn't think the whole count has gone in yet. He didn't want Peña to win. Apparently he's really corrupt. That's about all that's going on here. I found in our apartment a bag with a ton of Liahonas in it, so I've been reading those. Every once in a while they have really good talks from past prophets or apostles. There was one by Heber J. Grant, and another by Bruce R. McConkie. Those are always cool to read. I read a really good talk from Bruce R. McConkie about the Atonement. It's called ''the Purifying Power of Gethsemane''. I hope you have a great week and have fun in Utah with everyone. I´m going to send another email with some pictures in it. I love you. Elder Janda

No comments:

Post a Comment