Tuesday, December 27, 2011

11/25/11

So apparently they decided instead of just giving us time to write letters, they would let us email for a half hour. I just got out of sacrament meeting with Elder Bednar. He gave the most spiritual amazing talk I have ever heard. It was on converting to Christ. I wish I could just record it and send it to you all. It was amazing. Thank you all so much for the presents. I loved opening them this morning. I hope you are all having a great Christmas and remembering what its all really about. It seems like every time I sit down to email or to write a letter my mind totally goes blank and I can't think of anything to say. If any of you want to know anything specific or have any questions, please write me a letter, and I would love to answer them. I think I still have some time later to write letters or whatever, so I think I'm gonna write a letter to you guys then as well so I can have a little more time and hopefully say more. Everything here is going really well. We had a fireside last night where they basically acted out the Christmas story and had a bunch of songs. There was this guy that sang and he was so amazing, and then a girl played violin while someone played the piano and they did a version of silent night. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. I think one of the things I miss most is music. That and being able to go outside whenever I want. It still hasn't snowed, but it's just as cold as if it had. I swear, I've had a constant stuffy nose since I got here. ha ha but oh well. My computer keeps freezing when I'm typing, so if I misspell anything, that's probably why. I can't see what I'm typing and then it just appears like 20 seconds later. Tonight we have a fireside, but I don't know who is gonna be speaking there. Elder Bednar gave the same advice about the Book of Mormon that he gave when he went and spoke to Mitch's mission. I thought it was kinda funny. I think I'm gonna try it. It must be good advice if he's gonna give it out so much. The advice is basically that whenever you have some challenge or a question in your life, just get a new paperback Book of Mormon, like the ones the missionaries give out, and read through it cover to cover, and mark anything that helps you with your question. I think it's great advice, and it really shows the Lord your desire to learn. I hope you all are having a great Christmas, and I wish that you all felt the love of the Lord as strongly as I do being here right now. It really is the most desirable above all other fruit. I can't wait to here from you again. Until then, know that I love you all and am so grateful for all that you do for me.
Elder Janda

No comments:

Post a Comment